Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2009

About the New Job... (11/11/09)



Getting dressed and headed to work still feels a bit weird after being out of work for a couple of months. I will be working a 12-9, Monday through Friday shift, with no Saturdays or events. A huge bonus for this job position! As I previously stated, I am making outbound calls to students that have shown interest in the school to encourage them to visit the school and to also apply.

We trained all of last week and started listening to calls this week. We actually started calling people Monday night. It was a bit nerve racking, but I made it through and achieved getting 2 applications taken. Last night, my supervisor was picking on me because I was so flushed. Many of you know that when I am in a new situation, my blood pressure sky rockets and I start turning different colors. Much to my surprise, I was so red that it actually started to appear purple. WOW! I was able to conquer some pretty hard questions and objections that students and parents had. And at the end of the night, I had accomplished achieving another 2 applications.

Today is the last day of training and tonight I will move into making calls by myself without anyone beside me if I need help, but no worries- I have people in other cubicles around me that can help me out.

I have a rather large desk area and all of the work I will be doing will be on the computer. It will be a nice change from previous jobs. While I had good sized desks, I was handling a ton of paperwork and often did not have enough space.

I have had to get used to the hours and still trying to get used to them as I write this. I’m not used to getting up and not having to get ready immediately to go to work. I have been able to keep up the chores around the house for the most part so Luke can continue to study and have enough time to get everything done possible. (But when I don’t have time, he is quick to jump in and get them done for me! I’m so LUCKY!!) We both have had to get used to Mon, Wed and Fri where we don’t see each other until late. He leaves for school at 7:25 and gets back after 12 and I leave at 11:30. So, we do not get to see one another until I get home or he gets home from Moot Court.

I am thankful that we have been married for a couple of years and did not just get married and trying to juggle all of this. I am also thankful that we have not had kids yet so when we are together, we can spend one on one time together. (Just goes to show that God knows better than we do and has perfect timing.)

Also, it is temporary and gives us the ability to grow and become closer by appreciating each other even more with the time that we do have together.

Besides getting used to the hours, I have to keep reminding myself where I work. Every day at the beginning of the shift, we have huddles. During this time we have prayer and share a devotional. I am still in awe every time. It makes me excited that we join together and have this moment. It seems to ground me in my faith and reassure me as to why I am doing the job I am doing.

I am very grateful for having this opportunity and am excited to see where it will lead me to. I love promoting LU and trying to recruit students.

Another verse that has helped me during this time can be found in Proverbs 3:5-6 (HCSB)

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not rely on your own understanding;
6 think about Him in all your ways,
and He will guide you on the right paths.

It really has made this transition much easier and the job hunt much more pleasant. Glory to God Alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment