Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Answer For 2012


     It seems I always get this urge to write late at night.  Here it is 12:41 and I should be cuddled up to a hottie (my wife, just to clarify) and I am writing, very frustrating.  Last time I wrote I was somewhat of a downer, “they’re all liberal progressives run!” that kind of thing.  I thought I would change it up a bit tonight.
     It is so easy to get discouraged when we see everything going on in the world around us, so tonight I want to encourage.  What is a Christian to do?  How can we make a difference?  It really isn’t as hard as we make it out to be, we have the answer in one sentence.  Matthew 6:33 says, “But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all of these things will be added to you”.  What things?  In the preceding verses Jesus has just told the Disciples, “you are wasting your time worrying” (paraphrase) instead “seek God and his righteousness”.  He promises that if we will seek him he will take care of the rest.
     So, what would happen if every Christian said, “OK God whatever you say that is what I will do.”  It is a scary thought, but liberating at the same time.  When God is in control you do not have to worry about clothes and groceries and such, in fact Christ tells us not to.  I challenge you to tell God that you are his slave and you will do whatever he tells you to do and then just do it, no conditions or qualifiers, just be willing to do or go, whatever or wherever.   I promise you will be amazed at what he does.  You may even end up in Lynchburg Virginia.: )   
  
Do not worry, let God be your master and let him have control, he can handle it, I promise. He Promises!  The question is do you trust him?

Goodnight, Jessica here I come!!!
Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment